Here’s a brief summary of what you need to know about PrivacyWeek 2020.
When: October 26th to November 1st, 2020
Where: Online. You can participate from anywhere in the world. All talks are streamed on https://streaming.privacyweek.at/
Price: Free! No tickets needed. Would you like to support our work? Please donate!
Translations: Yes, there is an English translation. See below for details.
Thank you for supporting our work! Please send your donation to:
Payment reference: „PrivacyWeek“
Recipient: Chaos Computer Club Wien (C3W)
IBAN: AT41 2011 1828 3873 4201
Watch our conference talks on https://streaming.privacyweek.at/
There’ll be workshops, too. Find the entire program on our schedule website. Stage 1 (Saal 1) will be streamed, workshops are held via Big Blue Button. (See below for details)
PrivacyWeek is mostly held in German, but there are live translations for all of the talks in the stream. We won’t translate both book readings (Wed 8 pm, Sat 9 pm) and the LivePodcast on Thu 8 pm. Workshops won’t be translated either. Switching between languages, when available, directly on the streaming page.
There are some talks (and one workshop) held in English:
- Imaging the Ideal Smart Citizen in Future Urban Environments by kairus art+research (Thu 2:00 pm)
- Suspicious Behavior – a Data Annotation Tutorial by kairus art+research
(Fri 1:00 pm)
- Accelerated Global Warming – Current Facts and Near-Term Consequences by Volker Wittpahl (Fri 4:00 pm)
- How the Internet Really Works – What Interferes With Information Traveling Over the Internet? by Ulrike Uhlig and Mallory Knodel
(Fri 5:00 pm)
- Bruce Schneier Q&A by Bruce Schneier (Sat 3:00 pm)
- WE USED TO HAVE CAKE, NOW WE’VE BARELY GOT ICING by Cory Doctorow (Tue 9 pm)
- Inference Control by Ross Anderson (Tue 4:00 pm)
- Documentary Screening and Discussion of Theresia Reinhold’s „Information. What Are They Looking at?“ featuring Aditi Gupta, Dr. Arata Takeda, Aral Balkan, Dr. Constanze Kurz, Hossein Derakhshan, Jillian C. York, Mathana Stender, Maryant Fernández Pérez, Mishi Choudhary, Prof. Yasmin Jiwani (Mo 7:30 pm)
- Let’s Build a Tool to Make Sense of Your GDPR Exports by cyroxx (workshop) (Fri 5:00 pm)
If you have content-related questions during a talk or at Q&A, there’s a link for question submission on the streaming page. You may also post your questions on Mastodon or Twitter by mentioning @privacyweek or @firstname.lastname@example.org or using the hashtag #pw20.
For all other questions contact the Info Desk by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or joining our info point in BigBlueButton. Submit your question(s) via chat or ask directly in the audio channel.
Workshops are being held in Big Blue Button. The links will be available on our schedule page. Some workshops might limit the number of participants to guarantee a good experience.
If you want to chat with other PrivacyWeek participants, feel free to join the Café in Big Blue Button at any time.
Press material (in German) can be found on our press page. If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Twitter (@privacyweek) or Mastodon (@email@example.com).